Here's the original plan (quoting the roadmap page here):
- support tags for syslog messages: each message can be marked with one or more tags, then apply filtering based on tags
- patterndb: add tag support
- patterndb: v2 database format support
- patterndb: add parsers for IPv6 addresses and hex numbers
- converge macros in templates and name-value pairs even more (right now it is not possible to use any macro in match())
I've just pushed out another set of updates to our git repository, which:
- adds tag support: a new tags() filter and a tags() option for all sources and a builtin logic to assign the syslog-ng source name as a tag (in the format: .source.
- adds support for patterndb v2 and a newly introduced but compatible v3 format
- adds "pdbtool" a new utility for managing patterndb files (not yet complete)
- a couple of new parsers (IPv6, ANYSTRING, FLOAT)
If you are experimenting with patterndb you are advised to use the 3.1 branch as development happens here. Of course if we find something that affects our current stable 3.0, I'm backporting the fix, but since 3.0 is stable, I'm only backporting bugfixes and not new functionality.
If you are interested you can get the sources via git, or if you prefer a tarball, just drop me an email.